Thursday, January 28, 2010

Poetry Writing.......

So I just have one thought tonight.... who in the hell would have thought that poetry writing would be so damn hard!!!! Yeah, I have to take poetry writing, so I figured I might as well take it and get it over with, and I have to say it is rough. Poetry never has been my forte', but I have to say I enjoy reading it, some of it, more than writing it. So I'm going to share my first poem of the semester that has some type of substance. Hope ya enjoy it, if ya don't sorry. As hard as it is it is a way for me to release some thoughts.... and i have to say i have new appreciation for poets.....


Meeting my Savior at a Coal Yard

His decent - left a billowing cloud of black dust
lingering in the air. I walked through it to
reach Him offering Him my greetings
with a scabbed and calloused hand.
His brown-grey brows crinkled into a V,
his piercing green eyes looking down on me.

Folding his arms tightly, He left my
Hand holding nothing but the air He allowed
me breathe. “I don’t think I know you,
but I’m sure you know Me”. Replying, i said,
“i’m Your servant, have been for years”.
You see, there’s too many of you,

I can’t get to know all of you”.
His radiant hand swept across the yard,
high lighting the coal trucks, each hauling
enough black gold to support man for a year.
“I have built up all you see, I have made man
and given him purpose in life”. I thought,

this Man is my savior. He who gives me all
I have with the thud of his check signing stamp”.
I was not edified. His words elevated himself
above all, and he ascended, just as he came:
in a cloud of billowing dust. It hung in the air

mingling with my blood, my sweat, and
the stolen breathe in my burning lungs.
Conversion came to my mind: My labor,
my blood and my pain has built his creation.
The sacrifice of my body and soul
Has given him all that he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment